The client is a University (http://univagora.ro/) in Oradea, Romania. The University has up to 500 active students and my first step was to talk to the students and professors. My plan was to see what actually the professors and the students wants, I was planning to talk to at least 100 persons – yes I know it was a large number for only one guy, but honestly, I had time and in 3 weeks the research and wireframes + mock ups I could finally start to design.
As a student obviously I started to talk with the students, I didn’t know how to start talking with them so I could sound interesting for them – I wore a t-shirt with some text on it “Google Guy” and I asked all the professors to give me 10 min of their class to talk about “the new revolutionary app and website” and it worked. In 4 days I got to talk to more than 100 students therefore, I achieved my goal – but I didn’t stop.
During week 2 I got more personal to the students I had every morning a coffee with the head of the each class in the university and they provided me enough data and at the end of each coffee meeting they approved the wireframe.
Here it comes the hard part, talking with the professors. To be honest, it turns out that this was the easy part – as I presented the wireframes and the data from the students the professors were very affirmative with the UX concept so far.
As for the design my job was quite easy because I had the proper UX and branding data.